Aristotle Jones is originally from the North Shore of Massachusetts but moved to Boston full time last year to attend Berklee College of Music. Since then he has been heavily active in the local underground Hip Hop scene releasing numerous projects and singles. The grittiness and lyrical prowess of East Coast rap has always been a huge influence on his music as well as the symbolism and mysticism associated with rock and metal music. All of this is illuminated with the dynamic beats and songs he creates.
His latest LP The World Is Flat comes from the unsettling era we find ourselves in.”The theme of the album is supposed to be “question everything” hence the title of the album. Of course I don’t think the world is actually flat but I’m using it as an allegory for the turbulent times and mistrust that surrounds us” says Jones. Conspiracy theories and mystic imagery factor heavily into the theme of the record as well as the cover art. The 1st video single Land Rover featuring Mari Aoki directed by Gabriel Fowler captures a chill night driving through the North Shore with catchy lyrics and dreamy vibe visuals. Jones produced 9 out of the 12 songs on the album and was assisted by many Berklee and Bostonian instrumentalists, rappers, singers, and producers. “I felt that now was an especially appropriate time for this album to drop as many people going through these uncertain times could relate to the frustration and dissent that I voice throughout the record with the establishment” says Jones. Check it out now on your preferred digital streaming provider.
1. The World Is Flat – prod. Shmeak
2. Wonderland – prod. Aristotle Jones w/ Kyle Ivone
3. Panic! – prod. Aristotle Jones & Shmeak, Preston Kra (guitar)
4. Walk Away (feat. Lucy Frost) – prod. Aristotle Jones, Ricky Schwartz (guitar)
5. Providence – prod. Smee Boi, Lucy Frost (additional vocals)
6. Jumpy (feat. Lucy Frost) – prod. Aristotle Jones, Ricky Schwartz (guitar)
7. Black Lagoon – prod. Aristotle Jones
8. Dynamite – prod. Wes Paluska
9. Land Rover (feat. Mari Aoki) – prod. Aristotle Jones, Nathaniel Coben (bass, guitar)
10. Asclepius (feat. Philly G) – prod. Aristotle Jones
11. Nihilist Funeral (feat. Bugout & Slater) – prod. Aristotle Jones
12. Caligula (feat. Mari Aoki) – prod. Aristotle Jones, Nathaniel Coben (bass, guitar)