Roxbury MA native Hero the Emcee follows up his latest single The Weight directed by Rose Glen Productions. The song and visual is a respectful dedication to Gang Starr’s classic single Who’s Gonna Take The Weight and premieres on the late Guru’s Birthday. “It’s important that we as emcees constantly pay homage and understand the history of those who came before us. Hip Hop wouldn’t be Hip Hop without legends like Guru” says Hero. The video plays on a similar aesthetic to the original with Hero rapping in front of a white background laced in camouflage attire. “That scene plays back in my head on most days, Guru in the studio with Preem, head nodding and dropping knowledge” says Hero. The song is produced by Loman and mixed and mastered by The Arcitype. In an era that lacks appreciation for Hip Hop culture, Hero The Emcee proves that there is a new generation of rappers who love its foundation. Check out the song on your preferred digital streaming platform. The video is available now on youtube.
- Leedz Edutainment “A Worker Among Workers” (Deluxe Album)
- Eli Jordan “Oracle” (Video)
- Justin’s Case “Revolution” FT. Cartel 360 (Video)
- Nord1kone x LMT Break “The Concept” (Video)
- Leedz Edutainment “Ricochet” FT. Zola Simone, Cam Meekins, Tim Hall & The Arcitype (Lyric Video)
- Smartbombmusic “Euthanasia” Feat. Rockness Monsta & XL The Beast (Video)